Translate

Friday, April 10, 2009

OUTSPOKEN: The Current


I'm not sure what I can really say about this record other than that it is perfect. This record has been getting (poorly) ripped off since its been written. Imagine if all of the "passionate" Bridge 9-type bands of today were original, interesting, or legitimate. I'm obviously not a fan of the genre, but this record is essential listening for anyone remotely down with the core. I'll go out on a limb and say that it was the best release that New Age Records ever released. This is the CD version which includes 5 songs as opposed to the 3 tracks that fit on the 7" version.

Despite this being available on other blogs, I couldn't pass up writing up a report on it. A better write-up on this record can be found at Zen And The Art Of Face Punching.

Seriously ... the piano at the beginning of the song, "The Current" ... untouchable.


No comments: