Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2013

THE HANDSHAKE MURDERS: Discography




After completing my most recent post on Coalesce, it made me remember a band from Arkansas who went by The Handshake Murders. I first crossed paths with them in a firehall in Johnstown, PA in 2006 ... but not long after they came back through with a new album in a direct support slot for Emmure in 2007. While The Handshake Murders drew some obvious inspiration from Coalesce, they took a more simplified, accessible take on the style; not far off from the idea that A Life Once Lost had when they decided to simplify, to an extent, Meshuggah for hardcore kids with their A Great Artist album.

While I have their second EP and their final full length (Usurper), I am missing their debut EP and any demos they may have. Any help piecing this together would be much appreciated.

DOWNLOAD THE DISCOGRAPHY

The guitarist who played in the final incarnation of the band apparently started up a band right where The Handshake Murders left off called Bloodworm. You can check out their BandCamp if The Handshake Murders does it for you.

1 comment:

Jamie Lewis said...

I've had "Bloodline" on my workout mp3 player for the last couple of years- that shit is too awesome. Good looking out on liking the new band's bandcamp. Mediafire blocked the EP downloads, as a head's up.