Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vegan Metalcore Bible

I posted a "Vegan Straight Edge Bible" a little over a year ago. It was cool, but I was never fully happy with it for multiple reasons.

It's safe to say that a rather specific style of music typically accompanies an animal rights oriented message. While there are plenty of amazing vegan bands out there ranging from hip hop to folk to straight up, dancey pop music ... the focus here is on a personal favorite of mine: metalcore. I initially thought it would be funny to go through and note how many stolen Slayer riffs or drum parts could be found within these albums, but I lost count somewhere after 2300. I'm exaggerating, but not really. There is an obvious element of evil that typically accompanies the lyrics that regretfully only SEEM as though they are too grim to be based on true life atrocities ... and that fucking rules.

I had a huge disclaimer typed out explaining how and why I chose the bands that I did. It was long and pointless. Here is the criteria:

- Out of print material (unless given permission otherwise)
- Bands who try to further animal rights through their messages
- Ideally the music consist of some heavy fucking metal
- The music can be hardcore as long as it doesn't sound like Youth Of Today

As of now I have almost 250 links up featuring all out of print material. Each album, demo or 7" is available for individual download as opposed to the bulk files from my initial "Vegan SxE Bible" post. No more having to downloading a 2 gig file just to get one album that you've been missing.

A few bands that I would have liked to include were Birthright, Maroon, Gather, Cast From Eden, Abandon, Contempt and Day Of Suffering. Luckily for you, however, Kurt from Catalyst Records has managed to keep all of their albums in press. You can (and should) check out the Catalyst Records webstore for physical copies HERE.

That being said, here is the list of files for download. Feel free to share the link or post it on your blog. I put a lot of time into this project and would obviously like to see as many people utilize my work as possible. Posting a link to my blog would be cool, but not even necessary. I simply wanted to further the messages that these bands have been trying so hard to do on their own.

If you'd like your band's material either included or taken down ... leave a comment or e-mail me directly at pathtomisery@gmail.com

Most of these albums are ripped at 320 kbps and/or are the best vinyl rips floating around. While I personally ripped 90% of these albums, there are a few blogs that I have obtained rips from over the years. The most notable are as follows:

Bring Honour Or Walk Away
Mind Intrusion
One Path For Me Through Destiny
Stuck In The Past
There Is Only One Truth

Anyhow, here it is ... VEGAN METALCORE BIBLE

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fucking awesome! Thanks a ton for this!

and then there was METAL said...

omg this is amazing!!
-Heavy Metal Playlist

Dan said...

Holy shit. I bow to you. This is incredible. Many thanks.

Unknown said...

hell yes. i was just going through old cds and wings of scarlet would not play anymore. so thrilled you posted it!

xbojanx said...

Just to say here as well - great job man!!!

Unknown said...

AWESOME POST! ,thank u!!

Unknown said...

I finally got round to relaunching my blog and Ive just uploaded the Withdrawn material including the first ep. Feel free to add it to the bible and anything else I post for that matter.
http://crucialwires.tumblr.com

J05H said...

Tried to open list and page now says it's owner has a suspended account...

Unknown said...

I like meat.

macktalife said...

Please please please could we get a re-up of this!!!